Thursday, July 02, 2009

5 Cents

Have you heard about the strike going on in Toronto? The City of Toronto employees are on strike meaning no garbage or recycling pick up, no day cares, no ferry service, no grass being cut, etc. Toronto is starting to look pretty gross. The garbage is really starting to pile up everywhere. It's been like two weeks already. Still on the topic of Toronto, we has recently stated this new thing, all plastic bags must cost 5 cents everywhere in Toronto. No more free bags. This is good for the environment and everything but I'm still trying to get used to carrying reusable bags everywhere I go.
I'm still playing soccer even though we have never won a game and it takes me and arm and a leg to get there. They're trying to make two practices a week, which is a little too much. I'm lucky if I have two week nights off from work. So at our last game it was pouring rain. It looked like we all jumped into a pool and were playing soccer. During the game this old lady from the other team punched one of my team members in the face after they collided. My player got pretty upset and started to fight the old lady. For like 10 minutes everyone was fighting and screaming at each other. One girl kind of pushed me but I stayed out of it. I was the only white girl, lol.
Last week Josh and I were supposed to go to "Taking Back Sunday" and "Amberlin" concert but when we got there it was cancelled due to a family emergency. It was funny, when we were walking there we kept seeing people with band t shirts walking the opposite way. So instead we went home and watched some "How I Met Your Mother". Josh and I are having a contest to see who can loose the most weight before July 23rd when we leave for our trip. I'm pretty sure he's going to win because he bikes to work everyday and when ever he's not busy he's out biking. I got to step up my game.

I have finally caved in to Lululemon and bought my first sweater. Not the thick hoody, a light one. No sweater is worth $110. I don't know what came over me.

4 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Darci said...

I seen a photo of the recycling bins and they were overflowing. I can't imagine how people are coping with out child care.

Lululemon hoodies must've gone up.. I thought mine was only 90ish... but that two years ago.
I'm sure you will enjoy yours!

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

plus tax

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

I thought the same..but I truly believe they ARE worth that much! The more worn in mine gets, the better it feels. And it pretty much doubles as a jacket it's so thick. I love it.
But not as much as Lauren..who officially has 5 of them.

It's 3:44am and I'm wide awake.

When I lived in Regina the city went on strike. It stunk like nothing you've ever smelled..and there were flocks of hundreds of seagulls EVERYWHERE because of all the garbage. It was sick. I hope you're carrying around hand sanitizer along with those cloth bags!

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

wow.. that's a surprise about Toronto getting piled up with doodoo.
lol the part where you said you were the only white girl surprised me even more haha. at first I thought everyone else wuz black and then I realized Asians aren't white either haha.
post up pics of your summer sweater! (or don't, because I haven't posted up pics either. ahh)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter