Friday, August 25, 2006

The scary makeup school

So, I went and filmed at The School of Professional Makeup today. The school is founded by Robert Closs. He's this big time Canadian makeup artist. He's been on a few episodes of "So Chic with Steven and Chris". Me and Evan (class mate) filmed them applying a new technique of airbrush makeup. We were filming it as a promo thing to put on their website. When it's up on there site I'll post the link. The school was very creepy. There was fake people from different movie characters that they had made. It was funny, I turned around this one corner and I almost knocked over a life size double of the possessed girl from "The Exorcist". I almost had a heart attack. The hallways were lined with fake bloody heads. They told us they had a hard time finding janitors who were willing to come in at night and clean. It was a scary place.Anyway, Robert gave Evan and I a whole bunch of tapes of him appearing on different television shows and asked us to edit it into a little movie, and he is going to pay us!!!!!! This is my first paying gig. It has begun.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

AHH I'm so jealous of you Steph!! Going to a school like that (to even walk around) would be my dream. I want to take theatrical makeup SOOOOOOOO bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter