Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm Close to Punching the Wall

I am here to let out my anger. You know that doctors thing I've been working on for the last few months, well I had to have it done by today. I was almost finished, I saved everything on to my portable hard drive, over 200 hours worth of work and then my hard drive stoppped working yesterday. I am officially screwed! Not only do I have that work on it but I also have the wedding footage I filmed during Christmas. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! My dad warned me to always have a back up but I'm an idiot. I'm going to bring the hard drive back to Future Shop tomorrow and hopefully they can fix it or mabey give me my money back.

7 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks Steph!!!! I hope they can fix it for you!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so I may not know the frustration of 200+ hrs of work being lost - but I have certainly lost an essay here and there a few hours before it was due... and that was bad enough!! :(
have you tried praying over it? (after all he is all-knowing!)

 
At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph that's horrible! Hopefully it's just a simple problem that they'll be able to fix for you :)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger SteveDVS said...

They should be able to retrieve most of the data. I know of photographers who have had the same problem and they've been able to save most, if not all, of their files.

Was your hard drive USB 2.0 or Firewire?

That really sucks that that happened though, I hope it can be recovered.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

ah that sucks.

btw, Spaz is my sister's dog.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Steve,

It was a USB 2.0. That's good news that there is hope for some of it to be retrieved. Thanks.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger SteveDVS said...

I forgot to mention, to get the files retrieved it's pretty expensive :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter