Wednesday, August 01, 2007

So Far So Good

Wow do I ever have to update! I'll start from the beginning, a few days before I flew to Terrace I went to Wonderland with Michael, which was so fun. I got a sunburn on my head.The day before I left I went and hung out at Andrew's house. It was very weird because we both knew it was our last time seeing each other. Who knows if I'll ever see that guy again. I plan to text him random messages to creep him out. He refuses to read my blog, the bum. Anyway the day I left I finished up on some packing and took a walk to the grocery store to buy toilet paper and batteries. Then off I flew to little old Terrace. I was welcomed by friends and family and many creatively made signs. I heard it was mostly Tamara's doing. Ha! Everyday after was pretty busy. I ran around with everyone and did last minute wedding stuff. We had Leah's bachlorette party, or stagette as some people call it.

Tamara did Leah's make up and we decided not to make her wear the embarrassing 80's dress we bought, instead she just wore a Vail. I'm not going to explain everything because I have the entire thing on video which you should stay tooned for.
I went to the campsite at Lakelse with Christina. We walked along the beach and then hiked the trail. I wish I could bring that place back to Ontario with me.

The day before the wedding we went to the site to set up. What a beautiful place.

We came back later that day for the rehearsal.










After the rehearsal we went to the rehearsal dinner at my parents place. Fun fun fun. The relatives started to arrive, oh and poor Kevin, it was his birthday that day and it was kind of overlooked because of all the events and crazy stuff going on that day. But we did have an ice cream cake for him and I must have said Happy Birthday at least 10 times. After the rehearsal dinner the bridesmaids went back to Leah's to do our nails and and get some much needed rest.
The day of the wedding went by pretty smoothly. I was starting to get a little nervous. We got our hair done, did our makeup and then headed to the wedding site. Although there was a lot of rain that day, it was really cool to see 180 people with umbrellas. As I stood up at the front with the rest of the wedding party all I could notice was the dozens of people who had new partners. And I noticed the Wurches, their kids look so different, I couldn't even believe I used to feed Lexy a bottle and now she was taller than me. And the amount of relatives I haven't seen in ages. It was overwhelming. Then it was the reception. I had a great time up until the dancing. I don't dance. Thanks Rebbecca for keeping me company since somebody who made a promise not to dance either was out on the dance floor shaking her booty. I'm not mad, it was good to see her having a good time. The night turned out to be pretty great except for the part where my dad drove over my moms camera. I think I would have cried if it was my camera.
My adventures continued. I went to Kalum Lake with Kevin and Elisa.



Later that night I went to Grouches with Christina where we made this amazing fire and ate Spitz. Walking back through the trail was pretty scary. It was about 1am and there were hundreds of huge toads everywhere. Thank God I decided to bring a flashlight. Anyway, more adventures are coming up, I'm so excited for Riverboat Days!

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger starla said...

I love love love the pictures of you girls with the umbrellas!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

hey! that's awesome! hehe been a long time since i came by.

loved this post! really great pics. and ahh! yall ate filipino food XD yum.

i'm back in toronto in september, by the way...

hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter