Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ikea, 5 minute walk

I FOUND A HOME!!!!!!! It kind of came out of no where. I came home from work around noon, checked my e-mail, then checked the home search sites I always check and there was the ad. So I phoned and agreed to go right over. Saw the place, said yes, and now I won't be homeless. Here's all the details...

- $400 a month
- 2 other room mates (haven't met yet)
- Beautiful street
- 4 minute walk to subway
- 20 min subway right to theater where I work
- 35 min subway ride to The National Club
- Washer and Dryer!!!!!!!!
- 2 washrooms
- In basement
- Wireless Internet
- A bed!!!!!!!
- A TV (I'm not sure if there's cable)
- Ikea 5 MINUTE WALK
- Canadian Tire 4 minute walk
- McDonalds, Pizza Pizza, M&M meats, convenience stores 4 minute walk
- Safe area
- A few different malls at next subway stop
- Hospital 10 minute walk
- Really nice landlord (so far)

And that's all I know so far. I don't know the area that well so there's a lot more for me to explore. I already have the key and can move in when ever I want. I had to take it or leave it right there because they already had like 5 other people coming after me and the ad was pretty much just posted. So, now I'm gonna book off a Saturday and try to rent a car.

Tomorrow at work I'm serving the something General of Switzerland. As long as I don't have to serve them wine I'll be ok. I hate pouring wine when I'm nervous. When Tamara was visiting, Stockwell Day came and did a remembrance speech for the Canadian 911 victims and the Air India Victims. I like working my new position at the club so far but I'm still having a hard time remembering the members names. My boss also had a talk with me today and told me I have more responsibility now so when it's not busy in the Simcoe (the room I work in) I can use my own judgment and go other places in the club to help out, usually we go where ever he tells us. Anyway, I better get to bed.

3 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

YESSSSSSS!!! I'm so happy for you! The locations sounds friggin awesome, now let's just hope the roommates come with just as many positive attributes lol

Now I need to come visit again so I can see it all.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

WHOA that's AWESOME!!! congrats you lucky person!!

hehehe roomieees!! now you won't be so lonely!! hehe and damn. that's a verrryyyy goooooooooood rent!!

so lucky. what's up this weekend?

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

haha yesh! sweet, we should hang out sunday then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter