Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Celebrities

I'm running out of things to say... Here's all the celebrities I came within 5 feet from since I moved here.

First I saw Stacey Farber who plays Eli on "Degrassi the Next Generation" (love that show!). I think I had only been living in Toronto for a few days and it was my first time venturing outside my house. I was heading towards my school when she walked past me with her boyfriend.
Next I saw Sean Gehon, 2nd place winner on the "Much Music VJ Search" (aka: the gay guy) and entertainment host on "Star!Daily". I was working box office at work when he came and asked if I was giving out free tickets to the early screening of "Monster House", I was stuttering like a moron and told him they were giving them out upstairs. He even said "Thanks Stephanie!" This was the first famous person (if you want to call him that) I had ever talked to. I actually hated the guy on the VJ search. Me, Tamara, and Kevin promised never to watch Much Music again if he won, good he didn't.Next I saw Michael Landsberg. I was working concession at work and he came with his family and ordered popcorn and stuff. I recongnised him from some where but couldn't think of where. After some research I found out he has his own sports talk show called "Off the Record" on TSN. Next I saw the girl band Magneta Lane. Most B.C. people havn't heard of this band, there kind of big out here in Ontario. Anyway, there was a street festival steps outside from work and they were preforming. I watched them preform from the balcony at work and after their preformance I walked by the stage and there they were, being their own roadies, loading their truck with their equipment.
I also met 2 producers, a director, and 2 actors (more like professional extras). They mostly do Indi Canadian stuff. Anyway this list should grow as the Toronto Film Festival starts to take swing. I may be volunteering for some of the events. Now if I had Ruth here I would probably see a celebrity everyday.

One more thing. This is for Christy. Here's what's in my fridge, what can I cook? Jk. Nothing can be done. A pickel is a pickel, milk is milk, they should not be mixed. I'm looking forward to your new blog o' food!

4 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

My dad would be so excited if he knew you saw Michael Landsberk. In fact, I think I'll tell him and brag for you.
Do you realize we've been communicating through ours & other people's blogs? lol We're cool
Do you also realize I'm in the middle of becoming a professional matchmaker?

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

shut your face

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Steph...it is my goal to make sure I post some easy recipes on my new blog that don't require a lot of ingredients just for you!!!

I am posting an enchillada recipe that will require those tortilla's in your fridge!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I forgot to mention another celebrity I saw, well I should say celebrities. I saw Fall Out Boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter