Friday, March 02, 2007

The Beautiful Trees

Can you keep up with all my blog entries lately? I guess I've had more to talk about lately. Anyway, one thing I like about Toronto is how all the streets are lined with beautiful trees. But sometimes when I'm walking home from the subway I can hear them creaking above me, can be a little scary. Yesterday there was this weird storm with rain, snow, ice, and extreme winds. When I woke up this morning I saw the aftermath. There were HUGE branches everywhere, power lines down, and not to mention many inches of water I had to walk through to get to my first day at work. My first day of work was just like a more official orientation. Two other girls were also there who just got hired. The place is amazing. There are several private rooms where we serve food. There's even a room just to drink wine. There is a billiards room, and several private rooms for members to sleep in if they want to. We even get free meals before our shifts, this is probably were I'm going to get most of my nutrition intake. I feel a little out of place there but everyone is really nice so far. I'm making cabbage rolls right now! I'm making tuns of them so I can freeze them then live off of them for a few weeks. Cabbage rolls are one of the few things I can cook.

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Joleen said...

Trees falling, reminds me of a windy day on Ferry Island.

I still want to see the shoes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter