Wednesday, March 07, 2007

First Day

My first day at my new job went pretty well. There was this huge event with like 140 people, so they kept me pretty busy. First I had to set all the tables, which took such a long time because there was so much cutlery that has to be polished and arranged. Then I set up the bread baskets and filled the water jugs. Then the scary part began, serving the people. There was only one dish so we didn't have to take orders or anything like that. The most plates I carried at once was 3, I didn't want to take any chances. All the other girls were carrying 5 and 6, insane!!! Then I had to go around and refill everyones water. After that we cleared their plates and then served desert. After that we cleared their plates again and served coffee. After that we reset the tables for dinner. During our break they fed us some amazing food. I had this huge piece of chicken, rice, vegetables and potato's. It's great, people just eat whatever is lying around. Everyone was also really nice, I just think it's going to take me a few weeks before I get into the swing of things.

3 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger Kevin Wiebe said...

Thats awesome steph, good to hear the job is working out. So how long are you going to be here in the summer?

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger ~Christina~ said...

I can't wait to see you this summer. however, I will be very busy!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Seraberry said...

HAH. that must have been overwhelming and a half.
Today..around lunch..it got CRAZY busy...so I was like an espresso packer MACHINE! Plus the owner was beside me helping me out...so it was even MORE stressful. HAH. I had like 3 latte's to make in a row...then a caramel macciato.....it just NEVER ended.....but..I survived. And...so shall you.....YOU'LL BE A PRO in NO time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter