Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Golden Shovel

Ok, so today was a very full and busy day. First of all I worked at the club from 7-2 p.m. and guess who I saw??? The Donald!!!!! I came within inches of him many times. They are building the Trump Tower literally right next door to the club so he came for the "ground breaking" ceremony with his golden shovel. Before the ceremony everyone came to the club and ate lunch from the buffet. My job was to clear tables and ask people mingling around what they wanted to drink. When Donald Trump arrived he just mingled with everyone else. He made sure he said hello to everyone in the room, took a few pictures and then he was out of there. He is soooo tall. That's the first thing I noticed, surprisingly it wasn't his hair. His hairs ok... until you see the back and you see he has a little blond swushy tail, lol. He seemed like a very nice guy. At the buffet the chef's made this huge cake in the shape of the future Trump Building. The best part was when everyone left the staff got to hit the buffet!!!!!
After that I took a walk down Sheppard Ave. It's in the neighbourhood of my new home so I wanted to just check out the stores, see what's near me. After that I sat at Starbucks and did a sudoku puzzle to kill time before work at the theater. Then when I started at the theater, everything was going wrong; I had no elastics, it was pretty much only me in box office, it was the busiest night I've seen since May, my walkie didn't work, the phone quit, I had a thousand kids who wanted refunds, they forgot to let me go on my break, and then I had to stay extra late because there was a fight in one of the theaters and the managers couldn't count my till with me. Ughghghhhh, then when I got on the subway to go home the power went out so we were stuck for like a half an hour. They said it was because there was someone walking around on the tracks at the next station. I'm not sure why the power went off because of that. It was funny, almost everyone in the subway car joined together and sang Koombaya. Anyway, this is like a venting post, so I'll stop.

4 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

hahaahaha awesome koombaya. i can't believe you guys got stuck for 30 mins without power!

and too bad about work...that's a real bummer. i could see you getting stressed out...probably even punching one of the kids in the face...haha

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

So you saw Trump and you never went in for the kiss? What a tragedy! The fact that he's tall makes him that much hotter....

Did you discover anything swell in your new neighborhood?

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Darci said...

After days like those you need to have a long bath and just do nothing and then get a good sleep.
Sure hope the rest of your week is easier.

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad to hear you took some time out and had some STARBUCKS!! Excellent choice!! Hope your day is better tomorrow! Oh and my recommendations are Venti Iced Caramel Macchiato and a Grande Cafe Vanilla Frappachino blended coffee..cant have a bad day with those in you!! See ya later babe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter