Sunday, October 07, 2007

Movie Reviews

3:10 yo Yuma
IMDB rating: 8.2/10
My Rating: 8/10
I think this was the first Western I've ever seen, and I liked it. There were a few parts I didn't like because I am a bit squeamish. Lot's of people die in this movie, but it has a good story, good acting, and suspenseful.



Partition
IMDB rating: 6.7/10
My rating: 7/10
It was ok, I didn't really think Kristen Kreuk was believable. She plays a Muslim girl from Pakistan. She doesn't look Pakistani to me and her accent would change all the time. Over all it was a good, tragic love story. A little bit slow and confusing in some parts. It was shot pretty nicely for a Canadian movie, good cinematography.



Good Luck Chuck
IMDB rating: 5/10
My rating: 2/10
Don't waste your time with this movie. It was boring, not funny, and gross. Why is Jessica Alba an actor? Why is Dane Cook a comedian when his jokes are so lame!

Superbad
IMDB rating: 8.3/10
My rating: 7/10
If you seen the "40 Year Old Virgin" or "Knocked Up" this movie has similar jokes but not as good. It was only rated 14A but I think it should have been like 17A if there was such a rating. It was really funny and had a little bit if a moral message at the end. I saw it twice.


Across the Universe
IMDB Rating: 7.5/10
My Rating:10/10
I loved this movie!!!!!! Tamara saw it too. I loved it so much I saw it twice and will see it again and again. It's a musical and all the songs are remakes of Beetle songs. All the songs are amazing, I downloaded the entire soundtrack. It's funny, it's sad, its empowering, and is very creative. Yessss!!!!!!

Eastern Promises
IMDB rating: 8.1/10
My rating: 7/10
It was good, kind of dark. The only thing that I didn't like was the violence, hence the 18A rating. I can't even count how people you see getting their throats slit. It's about this midwife who delivers a baby from a 14 year old Russian prostitute who died after giving birth. The Russian girl had a diary with her and the midwife gets it translated so that she can locate a family for the baby but she discovers horrible secrets that are linked to the Russian Mob. Viggo Mortonsen and Naomi Watts did a very good job. Near the end there's this crazy fight scene. Oh man, I had my eye's shut for like 5 minutes. It was one of the most disgusting, realistic fight scenes I've ever seen. Ha, I just contradicted myself. This might get some Oscars.
Next Review: Into the Wild and The Assassination of Jesse James. Both these movies are only playing in one theater in all of Toronto. What's with that?

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

yow. one theater? that's crazy.

hmm. i gotta get that soundtrack..!!

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

I need to see Super Bad again..and I absolutely LOVED Across the Universe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter