Friday, August 31, 2007

Exhibition Place

Toronto is so humid, just walking to the subway station and I'm sweating like crazy, but it looks like it's going to be cooling off in the next few days but still staying nice for Tamara when she comes. I haven't been working yet. I start at the theater on Saturday and at the National Club on Tuesday. I tried to get time off from the theater until Tamara left but they wouldn't allow it so I have to work two shifts a week, which isn't that bad I guess. I'm in the midst of job searching/ house searching. I need another job that pays more and a new home that cost less. So that's been on my mind constantly for the last two days. I'm so poor after not working for so long. I am not spending anything, except on a few groceries. I'm also on a strict diet since I gained approx. 10 pounds during my holidays. So far so good, I've been following my diet rules and have been exercising lots for the past two days. I'm at the point where I can't where just a t-shirt anymore, I need to hide in a sweater even if the sun is shinning brightly. Tonight I went to the CNE at the Exhibition Place with Michael. It's a huge fair type place, it reminded me of the Calgary Stampede.Below: This guy was CRAZZZY!!!!! He balanced rocks by finding their center of gravity or something like that. When he picked up that huge mother of a rock I was like "No way!!!!!!" His arms were shaking just lifting it. Once he placed it right and let go everyone cheered and clapped. Below: A cool sand sculpture. Below: Pigs suckling. Below: Butter Sculptures. I found it kind of weird that these sculptures were located in the barn yard section amongst the pigs. Why wouldn't they be in the sand sculpture section? There was one butter sculpture of that giant from Princess Bride, I laughed. It was a beautiful night, I only wished I had camera skills. I tried taking pictures of the ferris wheel and all the rides with the sunset in the background but it just wouldn't work for me. Below: This is at Harbour Front, I'm taking Tamara there. And we walked by The Chinese Lantern Festival. We didn't go in because it was $15 but I told Michael we would go back with Tamara.
Below: This lantern is nothing compared to the others that were there, we'll post pictures once we get inside the place.

6 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

ahh!! we should hang out when i'm back!

i'll be back on the 13th. =D

and yup that rock-balancing guy is crazy!!

i wanna go there..

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Frig I can't wait to see all this grandness in person. 3 more days!!

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Christy said...

That rock dude is very cool! Wish I could have seen that in person!

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger johnbartlet said...


We are leading exhibition stand designers and builders based in kuwait. We are involved in designing the exhibition booth and marketing display stalls for running trade fairs, marketing campaigns, promotional events, presentations in various kuwait trade fairs.
exhibition stand builders kuwait

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger James said...


We are leading exhibition stand designers and builders based in saudi-arabia. We are involved in designing the exhibition booth and marketing display stalls for running trade fairs, marketing campaigns, promotional events, presentations in various saudi-arabia trade fairs.
exhibition stand builders in saudi-arabia

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger James said...


We are leading exhibition stand designers and builders based in abu-dhabi. We are involved in designing the exhibition booth and marketing display stalls for running trade fairs, marketing campaigns, promotional events, presentations in various abu-dhabi trade fairs.
exhibition stand designing company in dubai

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter