Monday, November 26, 2007

Movie Reviews

Fred ClausIMDB Rating: 5.4/10
My Rating: 5/10
This is the first kids movie I've seen in a long time. It had a few funny parts but The story didn't really have purpose until near the end. Everything happens exactly how you guess it will. Little elf's are not funny anymore, they're creepy. I don't think I would watch this again.
American Gangster
IMDB Rating: 8.3/10
My Rating: 7/10
I saw this movie one and a half times. Some parts are a little confusing, there are a lots of character to follow. It was good for the most part, and knowing that it's based on a true story makes it more interesting. There are a lot of scenes with drug use, mostly people injecting themselves. I had a hard time watching those scenes. Anyways It's a very long movie, too long. I'm sure it will get an Oscar nomination or two. I don't think I'd watch this again, not for a year or two anyways.
Dan in Real Life

IMDB Rating: 7.5/10
My Rating: 7/10
This is a good romantic comedy drama. The only thing I didn't like about this movie was Steve Carell's character. He's so depressing and mopes around all the time, but he does pull off some of the comedic lines. I'd see it again.
Lars and the Real Girl
IMDB Rating: 8.4/10
My Rating: 8/10
His movie is very weird, it's unlike any other. Once again Ryan Gosling pulls off an amazing performance. Here's the story, Ryan's character Lars has something wrong with him and he ends up buying this life size sex doll which becomes his girlfriend. It's not what your thinking, it's a very innocent movie, he's very respectable to the doll, he puts on here seat belt, feeds her, and tucks her in at night. At first his family and small town community found it very weird and embarrassing but when they saw how happy the doll made him everyone supported him. It's weirdly funny, surprisingly sad, and pretty powerful in the way that you start to develop emotions towards the doll even though you know it's not real. I'd see it again, I would possibly buy it.
No Country For Old Men
IMDB Rating: 8.9/10
My Rating:7/10
You'll probably hear a lot about this movie, Oscar, Oscar, Oscars! It's VERY violent. In fact I don't think I could watch it again because of it. It's about this serial killer who has a unique way of killing people. This guy is a creep. So the movie is about the creepy guy going after the main character because he had his money from a drug deal gone wrong. The movie was good in the way that it kept you on the edge of your seat during the entire movie. There was rarely any dialogue, the actions were intense enough. Silence is a scary thing. I recommend you watch it actually, it was very well made.
Gone Baby Gone
IMDB Rating: 8.1/10
My Rating: 7/10
This was a good movie. Director Ben Affleck actually did a pretty good job. It reminded me of a giant CSI episode but with out the technical analysis. Lot's of little twists and surprises. I'd buy this.
We Own The Night
IMDB Rating: 7.4/10
My Rating: 9/10
I don't know why I liked this movie so much. I saw it twice. Everyone else who sees it says it's OK. It takes place in the 80's and it's about two brothers, one's an owner of a club and the other is a police detective. So when the police target some major drug rings that take place in the brother's club things start to get interesting. I don't want to ruin the movie but it was entertaining. I'd defiantly buy it.
The Heartbreak Kid
IMDB Rating:5.8/10
My Rating: 2/10
Waste of time. Every funny line you hear in the trailer is pretty much the only funny lines in the entire movie. Stiller, your too old for this.
Into the Wild
IMDB Rating: 8.2/10
My Rating: 8/10
Really enjoyed this movie except for it's length. It drags on a bit. I also wish they showed his journey through Canada. They just showed him travelling through the States and then skipped ahead to when he was in Alaska. This movie makes you want to go out and do something extremely independent. I love Emile Hirsch, this guy is my favorite actor. The sound track was really good. I'm buying this one. Tamara, this is our kind of movie.

4 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

I -really- want to see Lars and the Real Girl and Into the Wild! They'll probably both be in theatre in Terrace around April...so I'll let you know what I think of them then lol

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

I really like it when you do these movie reviews, it saves me such a lot of time!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

we own night was baaaaaaaaaad!!! too generic...and sloooOooOww!
there's no plot! the script was flatter than an opened bottle of soda XD and well...i dunno, i thought it was acted and filmed pretty bad...

BUT -

Lars and the Real Girl = awesome
Into The Wild = sweet
American Gangster = toyt
No Country For Old Men = gee yo

mweheheheheeeh

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Seraberry said...

I'M ALIVE IN THE BLOG WORLD. seriously....i'm about 5 months behind. HAH. Once I got a job, I got lazy with this......
so hiiiiiiiiiiiii.
I'm going to watch the movies you had a good review for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter