Saturday, December 22, 2007

HAY-ZEUS

Yesterday was my last day at the club, I'm back Jan. 2nd. It was kind of a sad day because it was Gertrude's last day, she's retiring. She kept leaving the room because she was crying. In honor of her all the supervisors and managers served us lunch, steak, mashed potatoes, lobster bissk (sp?), and Christmas Pudding. Starting in January I'll be taking over her spot in the Blake Lounge for lunch, another private room. The Christmas party was a bit disappointing. The buffet was mostly seafood and I hate seafood. The dessert was just fruit. Fruit is not a dessert! I got a free bottle of wine, $50 gift card to anywhere in the Eaton Center and my bonus cheque. There was an open bar so everyone was drinking like they've never drank before. And then the dancing started. One of the chef's named Jesus asked me to dance and I said "No". I still feel bad for that, there was no one on the dance floor and I really didn't want to. Oh Jesus. He's a funny man. When I first started working there I would ask where I could find things and everyone would say "go ask Jesus". I thought they were just joking around with me, it took me a while to find out his name was really Jesus, pronounced gee-sus, not hay-zeus. So anyway, I was dragged onto the dance floor too many times. I hated it. So I left early to see Josh, aka my new boyfriend just in case you didn't know yet. Hi Josh! He reads my blog, lol.

I work on Christmas day!!! It's in the evening, so I'm thinking this is how Christmas is looking for me, I'm going to sleep in, open my presents, show them to my teddy bear, do whatever on the computer, eat some frosted flakes, maybe talk to a few people on the phone and then leave for work at around 4:00. It will be a bit weird but I'm not worried. As for New Years, I think I'm working New Years Eve and New Years Day. It sucks.
Now here's some Movie Reviews!

August Rush
My Rating: 8/10
IMDB Rating: 7.3/10
I liked this movie even though it was really corny, but I'm a fan of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen movies so who am I kidding. It's not Mary Kate and Ashley Corny it's more, people aren't like that corny. That British kid does a good job of hiding his accent. I thought Robin Williams did a good job too, I forgot it was him. If you have any musical interests, you'll probably enjoy the movie. I'll be buying this one.

P.S. I love You
My Rating: 6/10
IMDB Rating: 6.2/10
Oh man. CHICK FLICK. That's about all I need to say. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to go to Ireland to find an Irish man, but mostly you'll wonder when it's going to pick up the pace. Don't think I'd buy it. Not sure if I'd watch it again.

Enchanted
My Rating: 6.5/10
IMDB Rating: 8/10
I heard good comments on this movie so I was expecting to really like it but I didn't. It's kind of funny and unique but it's your typical Disney princess love story, good for little girls, moms with kids (no offence), or hopeless romantics. To be honest that actress annoyed the heck out of me.

JunoMy Rating: 9/10
IMDB Rating: 8.6/ 10
This movie was really funny. The Humour reminded me a bit of Little Miss Sunshine meets Superbad. It's about this 16 year old girl who gets pregnant by this nerdy kid and she decided to give it up for adoption. The story's is about her relationship with the adoptive parents, her family, the dad, an how she copes with pregnancy as a corky teenager. Tamara you should see this one. There are just some parts when I felt they were trying too hard to make it funny. Other than that, it was a good movie. Good acting, good story, and good music for the most part.
Awake
My Rating: 6/10
IMDB Rating: 6.4/10
This movie takes place on a hospital bed. You won't remember anything else but seeing his heart being operated on, and the beginning sequence where you see Hayden's face underwater in a bath tub for like 5 minutes. It's a bit suspenseful but for the most part it drags on and is kind of boring.

3 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

haha hay-zeus.
oh and we're gonna see you spend that gift card on wednesday.
and yup i wanna watch Juno!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

I can't wait to see August Rush. And I shall indeed be checking out Juno...I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD though, I'm sure.

It's time for an introductory "Josh" post. And if you haven't received the memo, that means a picture of the two of you..his favourite ice cream. Does he like sunsets or sunrises..you know, the usual "get to know my boyfriend" post lol

I'm on crack. But who isn't these days?

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

No pictures, you know how much I hate pictures of myself. And it's up to Josh. He's coming over on Friday so mabey I'll get him to write a guest entry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter