Sunday, October 12, 2008

Massive Update and a Half

Wow, it's been a while since I've been able to blog. I've been so busy and so much has happened since I last left BC. Ok... When I got back Josh and I went to a Wintersleep concert. If you haven't heard them before you should check them out, they're pretty amazing. I've been working pretty much every day. I may have had two days off in the last month and that's because I've booked those days off. One night I worked this private party that payed $20 an hour cash. It was a condo purchasing party, where the buyers signed the papers. I just cleared glasses and served appetizers, really easy for $20 an hour. I don't usually work those things because they're really last minute and I'm usually busy.
A bunch of us went to Nuit Blanche on Oct.4th. Nuit Blanche is when they turn parts of Toronto into a huge all night contemporary art exhibit. It was really fun, I don't think I got home until 3 a.m. The night started out with me, Jeff, Josh, and Kevin but we ran into so many people as the night went on. I've never seen the streets so busy before. Arrrrr, we had to go to Hooters to watch some lame fight on TV that lasted two minutes. Being the only girl, my objections didn't matter. Our waitress was someone Josh fired from Timothy's. That was kind of awkward. This thing was in the middle of the Eaton Centre (Toronto's biggest mall).
This was some huge water fountain thing that they filled with little rubber duckies. People would roll up their pants and try to steal a ducky but there was a security guard in the water chasing people away. It was very entertaining.
This is an Art School, lot's of stuff was happening here but we needed pizza!
We ran into a guy that Kevin knew, lol.This was an alley that was filled with book pages, very cool.

Josh and Kevin booth vandalized this sign in front of a Catholic Church, bad boys.This was another alley full of grungyness but had neon lights and a white panel ceiling. This was one of the coolest art pieces we saw.

Security guards shoesThere were so many things to do. They're was this place where every one was dressed like zombies, there was mascot fights, films played on the side of brick buildings, a waterfall pouring out the window of a 3 story building, etc. We only covered half of one zone, there were three zones. It was a fun night over all. So Kevin moved to Edmonton :( It was really last minute. He said he was thinking about it then all of a sudden BAM he's leaving in a week. On our last day in poured rain. We went to Mandarin for dinner (Kevin's first time), then we went and saw a movie, then we hung out at Second Cup with Jay who was just finishing his shift. It was fun, but I still can't believe he's gone. Saturday night I worked a wedding at the National Club and Brian Mulroney was a guest along with his wife. He sat at my table too, so I had to serve him. He was really nice, his wife Mila was really perky. Brian Mulroney was the only one in my section who didn't drink. Anyways, that was that.

Yesterday I went to Josh's house for a vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner. We had something fennel soup, stuffed squash, mashed potato's, stuffing, and green beans. It was really good. The weather here has been amazing so we played outside with his little sisters for a while. Today I finished season 2 of One Tree Hill (finally) and I work later today. I defiantly caught up on some sleep this weekend :)

6 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger TimW said...

Vegetarian Thanksgiving? Interesting. That's like saying, "Go ahead, back-up". Actually it would probably do me good to be a little more vegetarian and a little less "hey lets kill something and eat it". Hope you had a good one. We missed you!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

hey sweeeet post. you should post some of those on facebook.. like the rubber duckies night. the one with the lady stealing the duckies is awesome XD and oh yeah, the first photo of the books art piece, the books look ginormous compared to the people.
nope i haven't gotten my computer yet. i hope it doesnt get stolen or something.. i only got 200 dollars coverage on it....
and the mall is amazing. i saw the water park you were talking about. have you been in there before?
i miss you yo. you should come visit soon!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

oh yeah, i live far from west ed mall. i actually live in east edmonton, but there's another mall that's just blocks away.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

I must say I am quite proud of you for this large post!! I'm glad you finally got to catch up on all your sleep!!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Darci said...

Wow that seems like a very cool event to attend. I heard you guys have been having amazingly nice weather. very jealous

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Christy said...

That security guard has weird feet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter