Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Movie Reviews

Doubt
My Rating: 7/10
IMDB Rating: 7.9/10

Ummm.... It was well done visually, amazing acting, and actually kind of humorous but by the end of it I was disappointed. The ending doesn't really satisfy you. It's one of those movies that has so much hype but doesn't live up to the expectations. I'm done with it.

The House BunnyMy Rating: 6/10
IMDB Rating: 5.6/10

I guess before you watch this you have to know what type of movies Anna Faris does. She does the stupid humour type movies like Scary Movie, The Hot Chick, and Mama's Boy. It's about this Play Boy Bunny that gets kicked out of the Play Boy Mansion and starts a sorority with a bunch of miss fit girls. Anyways I thought it was somewhat enjoyable, it made me laugh, and overall it had a good message. I'd watch it again.


The Boy in the Stripped PajamasMy Rating: 8.5/10
IMDB Rating: 7.9/10


This movie is very moving, but I guess any movie about the Holocaust is. The difference about this movie is that it's almost shown through the prospective of a little boy so you see things happening but because the little boy doesn't know what's going on it makes it more innocent. It will probably make you cry.


James Bond Quantum of SolaceMy Rating: 6/10
IMDB Rating: 7.1/10


James Bond... I've never really been a fan. I've seen this one and the last two, but none of the originals. I seem to enjoy them at the time but I forget what it is about the next day. I don't think I would watch it again.


The Secret Life of Bees

My Rating: 8/10
IMDB Rating: 6.8/10


I thought this movie was really good. It's about this little girl who accidentally kills her mother and runs away from her non loving father. She ends up at this home where a family of African American women live and make honey for a living. I thought the acting was really well done in this movie. I'll probably buy it.

Twilight

My Rating: 6/10
IMDB Rating: 6/10


It was cheesy, but a romantic story which I guess is why all these girls like it. Some of the lines were really stupid, and the acting was so so. I guess I would watch the next one after it's made, it entertained me a bit.

Madagascar 2
My Rating: 5/10
IMDB Rating: 7.2/10

I'm not a big animated fan. It was cute and had a good message but like every sequel it wasn't as good as the first.

Milk
My Rating: 7/10
IMDB Rating: 8.4/10


Milkity Milk Milk. I thought this movie was well done. Sean deserves the Oscar. I had no idea about the story of Harvey Milk so it informed me about the history and movement of gay rights. It's a kind of a long sad story but overall a good one.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

ah sweeet ^^ haha milkity milk milk.
i havent seen any of those movies eh. i have no idea what's showing these days. come to edmonton?

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

One comment!? Come on! This post is worth much more than one comment! Your movie reviews are what I love most about blogs! They are awesome! You need to do them more often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter