Saturday, June 19, 2010

G20

As most of you know I bought my plane tickets, so it's official, I'm going to Europe for a month!!!!! I'm so excited. I still have lots of stuff to get ready. I need to buy a Euro rail pass, research all the cities we will be going to, find places to stay, learn the languages, buy a backpack, and figure out how I'm going to pay for everything. Yah!!!
So the G20 summit is effecting me because I work right in downtown Toronto where all the action is. Streets are being blocked, buildings are getting giant plastic shields, sidewalks are boarded up, traffic is a nightmare and vandalism has already started. People are saying during the G20 you shouldn't go downtown but if you do you shouldn't wear nice clothing because you might become a target. My workplace is shutting down on Friday because they say it's too dangerous. Day off :)
The World Cup!!! One of the greatest things about living in Toronto is how obsessed everyone is about the World Cup. During a game every bar is packed. There are so many people watching that some people have to stand outside and watch through the window. Everyone gets so into it, they wear their jersey, they celebrate, they have flags on their cars, I love it.
So Kevin had his surgery, apparently it went well. Poor kid. Then there is Lauren who is past her due date. I'm anxiously awaiting a text to let me know she had her baby. The best part is no one knows if it's a boy or a girl. Whenever there is life there is death. I had to go to a funeral yesterday. Actually it was a viewing. Michael's grandma died, they were very close. It's so hard to know what to do and what to say when someone dies. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this update.

2 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

sounds like you're ready for your euro-trip. I know you're gonna have fun.
you know what sucks? we don't have a tv. my dad took it to his office just so that the people working there can watch the games. I don't know why it had to be our tv. anyway, I havent been able to watch the freaking games. it kind of sucks. all I see is people updating their statuses on facebook after every game. I feel left out. I need a hug.
I'm there mid-july!!!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'll hug you in mid-July

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter