Monday, July 05, 2010

Canada Day

I had a pretty good long weekend. I wend out after work with a bunch of people to a Karaoke bar... I didn't sing, I would never sing! I didn't get home until four in the morning. On Saturday I went to Woodbine Beach with some friends. It was my first time ever going to the beach in Toronto. It's so nice there but a lot different then the B.C. beaches I'm used to. People here don't go to swim, they go to parade their perfect bodies around. There must have been 300 plus people on the beach and I think I saw three people go in the water. I got burnt pretty bad. I put sun tan lotion on three times and I guess it wasn't strong enough. After that we went and watched the Spain vs. Paraguay game, what an intense game. It was fun, everyone in the restaurant was screaming and running around with their Spanish flags. Then yesterday I played soccer in the 40 degree heat. I thought I was going to pass out. The ref was good, he kept giving us water breaks. Today I got a new room mate, an older middle aged lady. Seems nice. I kind of liked having the place to myself but that's not the kind of place I live in. As for work, my hours at the club have been cut in half because of summer. It sucks, so I've been working at the theater almost 6 days a week. I haven't seen any new movies recently, I've just been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2, LOL.
I survived the G20. My workplace was OK, even though most of the protests happened right in front of it. They told us not to come to work on the Friday it started. Monday, after the g20 weekend I walked around to see all the damage and there were so many places boarded up. Most places were corporately owned businesses like McDonald's, Starbucks, Banks, etc. My friend Darmaine took some really good pictures, here's his web site http://www.darmainequillao.com/ (go to portfolio, documentaries, G20).

3 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Darci said...

I seen some photos and it looked pretty scary. Glad to hear you survived!

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

been to Woodbine just once too. the sun really bakes you.
I have to hear you sing karaoke.

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you! how am i gonna add you here and follow you! and you're leaving?! so sad! =D thanks for linking my site! =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter