Sunday, April 29, 2007

James Bond Night

It was the most amazing night at work tonight. There was a huge Rotary Club fundraiser that was James Bond theme. There were several events that took place in different rooms all around the building. There was a Mediterranean room where there was a Mediterranean buffet and a performance by River Dancers! In another room was South Africa, which I believe had belly dancers. And in the room I was working in was the Asian room where they served sushi and there were traditional Chinese dancers with big fans and then there was a women who played one of those Chinese guitar things. Then in the main room was the British room, where I also worked. In there was a ground lit dance floor, a 007 ice sculpture, a live jazz band accompanied but a Frank Sinatra wannabe, several stages with half naked women and men in tuxedos dancing together, white screens with dancers behind them, Bond Girls that strolled around, the biggest dessert buffet I've ever seen in my life, an open bar in ever single room, a sangria fountain, huge TV screens in every corner where live video feed from the dance floor was shown and the list goes on and on. It was amazing, I've never seen anything like it. Everyone was dressed like they were going to the Academy Awards. The best part was at the end when I got to hit the dessert buffet, ohhhhhhhh goodness. All my supervisors were pretty drunk and didn't care what we did. They always offer the staff drinks on the job, is that allowed? Actually the best part was that I was making $18 dollars and hour, when I would have done it for the dessert. Also I just heard that Arnold Swartzanagger (sp?) will be coming to The National Club in May sometime. They probably won't let me work, they'll probably get all the old ladies who have been there for 30 years to serve him.

4 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

That sounds insane! I need to see this place you work at..and (eh hem) your uniform.

I personally think I'd be too intimidated to be in a situation like that...I would have hid under the sangria fountain.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Seraberry said...

oh my gosh!how i would love to work there! you've got it good steph..you've got it good.
as for them offering drinks on shift.....well i dont know if that's allowed....but the ones at work always drank on shift at night...especially on open mic night....i got to clean up the mess in the morning....the owner knew and didnt care....but then again he had a breakdown and is gone now. mmmhmmmmmmm.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger starla said...

um yes, i've been waiting quite patiently for those uniform pictures....any time now.

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

DAMN! that's awesome!!!

i wish i wuz theeere! haha sounds amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter