Friday, January 18, 2008

This is a waste of your time.

Finally I get to post! Every day has been so crazy I hardly had time to sleep. Working in the Blake Lounge for lunch has been kind of stressful too. I'm still learning the menu and where everything is and it's always so busy. There's way too many steps involved when serving a guest. First you bring them water and a coaster, then you take their drink orders and bring them their drinks, then you ask if they want butter then place it on their side plate, then you bring the bread basket and offer them bread, then you bring them menus, then you take their order, then you change their cutlery according to the food they ordered, then you go serve their appetizer (usually soup or salad), then you clear their appetizer then serve the main course, then you clear their plates and serve them coffee and dessert, then finally you give them the bill. I usually have 20 people at once and when you have all those steps to remember it gets a little frustrating sometimes. The food is so expensive. For 2 people to have lunch it's usually around $60. Some of the members come everyday for lunch.

Did I ever mention my landlords daughter sings as loud as she can in the room above me. It almost sounds like she's singing in the vent so I can hear her better. She's singing Amazing Grace right now. Now she's singing Joy to the World. Anyways, I'm in the market for a new I-Pod. My battery only lasts 45 minutes, that's one subway trip to work. I think I'll buy it tomorrow. I'm really struggling to think of things to write about so I better just give up.

4 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

haha now i got it right XD

hugs

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

happy bday steph.
i figure you check this more than your phone so call me when you read this.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Hey you can get ipod batteries, usually $30. Later

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Joleen said...

Happy Birthday Stephanie!

You deserve a piece of double layer chocolate cake. Hope you can find some today!

Love always,
Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter