Sunday, April 06, 2008

Dogville

I need to get motivated. I keep saying I'll find another job, I'll get in shape, I'll join a soccer team, I'll get a hair cut, I'll bring all my old clothes to the salvation army, I'll call Anita. There's something about spring that makes me want to get off my butt. Yes, spring has shown itself here FINALLY! I saw two people wearing shorts today, the birds were having parties on my front lawn and the man in the wheel chair across the street was sun tanning on his driveway.
I just watched Dogville with Nicole Kidman. Has anyone seen it? It's such a crazy movie. There are no sets, no walls, nothing, just a map drawn from chalk on the ground of the entire city. Everything is imaginary, they pretend to close the doors, rake their gardens, etc. At first it takes you a while to get into the movie but the story gets better and better and the ending is crazy! It was directed by Lars Von Trier. I don't know if you've heard of him but he's this psycho director who strips away every emotion from the actor and does experiments on them to get the type of acting he wants. Almost every lead actor he's worked with said they would never do a film with him again. One of my teachers from film school did an interview with him. It's extremely hard to get an interview with this guy. She went to Denmark and went to one of his sets. She was filming the whole time, she tried to get in but there was very tight security. Finally she sneaked through the gates and ran up to him while he was outside. She told Lars if she could interview him for her film she would conduct the interview completely naked. He was intrigued and accepted her offer. Of course he didn't make her do it naked because her desperation alone was enough to make him wnat to do it. She was a cool teacher.


5 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

wow thats some movie. no wonder you had a hard time getting into it. it looks like a play, (sortove). anyway sounds like spring has finally come were you are,, kewl. its sortove here too. the air smells soo sweet. totally smells like spring. and today was soo pretty. im with you on the trying to get motivated.. im "trying" myself.. so far the weather is co-operating enough to walk n stuff.. lol

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

holy! now i really wanna watch that movie. heard about it. sounds awesome.
was that sandra!? i miss her. she was my fav teacher. havent seen her since november.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kevin. No it wasn't Sandra, it was Eva. She left before you got there. She was that blonde lady I pointed out to you at fred's party.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

omg. the one standing next to us?!
she was... how do you say it... hot!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

I want to see that movie now just because it looks like it's too weird to be true.

PS--Nothing to do with this post...BUT. I just dyed my eyebrows way too dark. I don't know what came over me. I don't know what I'm going to do!!! I look like you did when I painted your eyebrows on to play the priest in our romeo and juliet movie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter