Friday, April 18, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Passover

I went to see the dentist today for the first time in 2 years. It was pointless. The guy just told me I needed a root canal, he didn't even tell me what was wrong with my tooth. I was the only patient in the office which made it feel kind of strange, usually dentist's offices are packed. He said it would be ok for a few months on it's own. I don't know what to do.
Tomorrow I'm going to be working in a Synagogue because it's Passover and all the Jewish people are going to be feasting. I have to serve them, but it's serving french style. That means I put the food on their plate for them and I pick up everything with a fork and spoon positioned like chop sticks. I've been practicing at work, it's tough. It's $16 an hour cash!
The craziest thing happened today. Josh was over, we were playing some Mario Kart and listening to Emery when my landlord stopped by with a huge package for me. It was MY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!!!!!!!! 4 months late, but that's ok because we ended up getting the insurance money too. Wait.... I hope we don't have to give back the money. I wonder what happened. Did the post office find it in a back closet? Did a middle aged man drive it over and leave it on the door step because it was delivered to his house by mistake and the only reason he didn't open it was because he just came out of 6 months in a coma? Did someone just want to play a cruel joke on a girl spending her first Christmas alone? Was the delivery truck stolen and left in the woods and when it was discovered my package was still there because the thief's took only what they could carry? There are so many possibilities. What do you think happened? Anyway, that made my day a lot better.

5 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Another possibility is your friends suck and totally forgot about you and Christmas then one day they were like man I forgot about Stephanie let's send it and she'll think it's the post office. lol

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

ahhh!! shweeeeeeet! maybe some munchkins took it over the hills and far away and then some japanese woman found it, and then mistakenly left it in a park...and then some hobo found it and was nice enough to bring it back to the post office (because a fairy told him that it was the right thing to do, especially since it's not addressed to him), and then exactly 27 days later, some lazy fat guy at the post office decided to finally touch the dusty shabby-looking box and deliver it to its rightful owner (little does he know about the box's tale). and so now you have it!
finally huh?

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Joleen said...

Um, what he said.

Or maybe your landlord upstairs had it all this time and it got put away in a dark corner and he found it just now while doing some spring cleaning.
Or, maybe God decided that it was a good time to bless you! Either way, I'm happy that you got it. I can't even remember what I sent you. I had lost all faith in Canada Post.

Merry Christmas!

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Christy said...

This is the best post ever!

Your Mom must be so happy! She told me about the whole thing in Walmart a couple weeks ago!

They better let you keep the money for all the hassle it was!

I am laughing my head off at Trippy's comment!!!

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

That's friggin awesome!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter