Friday, April 18, 2008

Transportation

Today was 24 degrees outside, tomorrow is 22. It's like we had spring for one week and boom, summer arrived. I was supposed to work at that synagogue today but it wasn't meant to happen. The subway was going one mile per hour so I got off and took a taxi. It was rush hour so I still ended up being late. Someone was going to pick me up at one of the subway stations but if I wasn't there the said they couldn't wait. Of course I missed my ride so I just went home. Anyway, the TTC is going on strike on Monday if they can't make an agreement by Sunday. For those of you who don't know the TTC is our public transportation (subways, buses, and streetcars). So if they do go on strike I don't have to go to work right away, but I have to wait for my boss to call me and he'll arrange a ride. It's all so exciting! I joined Zip Car today, have you heard of it? There are zip car locations every where in the city. When you need a car you just call zip car and they activate the closest car to you. it cost $11.50 and hour, $72 a day, gas is free, and you have reserved parking. You carry around this swipe card that unlocks the car you reserved. I'm glad I don't have to worry about gas, it's 120.0!!! I'm gonna do some driving soon, maybe I'll finally explore the outer area's of Toronto.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

take me with you to go driving?

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

It's FREEZING here!!! Summer will come though, soon it will come. Today I bought a bike helmet because I decided since I'm biking a lot more, my chances of being hit by a car while biking have increased by 100%...Also, I'm going to Rupert on Monday. I'll take pictures of the dolphins for you!

PS--I don't know why, but that zip car things creeps me out lol

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Darci said...

Gas is 126.00 here, (augh) oh but I think it's 123. minus 7 cents at the wholesale club..
Thats cool about zip cars! I wonder if renting would be cheaper?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter