Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Movie Reviews

ValkryieMy Rating: 7/10
IMDB Rating: 7.5/10

I thought this movie would be lame, but I guess it was better than I thought. It's suspenseful and shows what it might have been like for the Germans who followed Hitler. The most annoying part, however is how Tom still talks with his American accent and no one else does. Whatever.

Revolutionary Road
My Rating: 7/10
IMDB Rating: 7.9/10

I enjoyed this movie. It's one of those drama's that drags on some times but it is a story of this "perfect" couple who has bigger issues than other people can see. Oh Leo and Kate, you were meant to be together.

Pineapple Express
My Rating: 6/10
IMDB Rating: 7.4/10

I think I fell asleep during part of it. For the part I was awake I thought it was ok, I guess I'm just getting kind of sick of Seth Rogen's humour. If your a male or a stoner you would enjoy this movie, I am neither.

Gran Torino My Rating: 9/10
IMDB Rating: 8.5/10

I really liked this movie. It had drama, action, conflict, and surprisingly a lot of humour. The way Clint Eastwood talks in this movie will make him one of those iconic movie characters. It's a must see.

Defiance

My Rating: 6/10
IMDB Rating: 7.5/10

Umm, it was mildly entertaining. It's about a group of Jews hiding in the forest trying to survive during the war. You can probably guess how the movie will go, there will be a few romances, some of them might get killed, they will struggle to survive with nothing, etc, etc. Kind of predictable but it was alright.

Seven Pounds

My Rating: 7.5/10
IMDB Rating: 7.5/10

Inspiring and heartbreaking. At first you don't really understand what's going on but it all make sense in the end. I guess at the end of the movie it makes you want to be a better person.


The Reader
My Rating: 7/10
IMDB Rating: 7.9/10
Another tragic love story. I'm still trying to decide if I like it. It was very well done but it seemed that it was laking something. Because I just said that it will probably win the Oscar for Best Picture.

Taken
My Rating: 7/10
IMDB Rating: 8/10

This movie was great for a thriller, not too much action and not to much complicated story line. The reason it lost points from me was because it felt way too short and you rarely got to see the point of view of the daughter who was kidnapped. Instead it was all Liam Neeson trying to find his daughter and killing everyone who got in his way.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

sweet movie review. now i know what i should watch. and i really wanna watch Gran Torino. i laughed when i saw the preview, where he called those vietnamese "charlies". that wuz so racist.
you were late for Pineapple Express though!! that wuz a summer movie! haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter