Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Weekend

So as you might have already heard there is a TTC strike. It started at midnight on Friday. Poor Josh was over at my house and left to go home at midnight but had to take a taxi instead. It's pretty far to his house. I guess a lot of people got stranded that night because they said they would give 48 hours notice but according to the National Post it was only one hour. Saturday I had to work a special event at the club. I don't know if you remember my post last year about the James Bond themed party but this was the same thing only the theme was The Oriental Express. There was a huge lit dance floor, belly dancers, Can Can dancers, traditional Russian dancers, a big band, dozens of other musicians, a violinist who would play absolutely any song you requested, 5 ft ice sculpture, a enormous dessert buffet, and so many other amazing things. Each room was another city and the guests were in groups, every 45 min the group would move to the next city. I was working in Budapest Hungry. We served wine from Hungry, cherry soup, paprika chicken, and this weird creamy cucumber salad. While we were serving there were traditional dancers and musicians preforming. It was pretty crazy, we literally only had 1 minute before the next group came before we had to clear and set all the tables. It was really fun. I got to bring home an entire cheese cake! So because of the strike my supervisor, Renata picked me up and drove me home. Everyone showed up to work which was pretty amazing. As for today, the strike ruined all my plans. I was going to go visit Anita and Eiko because Anita is leaving for Germany tomorrow. She doesn't know when she'll be back, could be a month, could be several. Then I was going to meet Josh because today is our 6 month anniversary, but that got cancelled too. So today my plan is to go fully explore that trail near my house, get some pizza, and study some Spanish. Anyways, the strike is supposed to be over tomorrow and everyone can go back to work.

Update: Took a taxi to see Josh, strike ended early and I got to take the subway home.

3 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

6 months?! Holy shnikies!! Soon your parents will meet him and bring home the official report :)
That really sucks though that all your plans had to be canceled because of that dang strike

Did you try any cherry soup??

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

The cherry soup tasted like the cherry topping you put on cheese cake, only really warm.

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Darci said...

Yea for the strike being over for you! That party sounds amazing.. Someday I would love to attend something like that. Just once though. I imagine what I seen in Mexico was probably similar, but just a much lower class :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter