Monday, April 28, 2008

Weird People

My room mate has been listening to Cindi Lauper on repeat for the last two hours, it's driving me crazy. I realize I complain about him a lot but who else can I complain to? In the last few days I've came across some very weird people. On the subway the other night I made the mistake of sitting because an either drunk or crazy man. He had a beer in between his legs and was reading the Toronto Star. He would skim through the headlines and start shouting his thoughts on the subject. He was so angry at those headlines and some of the stuff he was rambling on about was actually making some sense. My next subway ride I saw an overweight, grungy looking couple in their 60's standing together waiting for the subway to come, all of a sudden the women started yelling " Oh god Harold your disgusting!!!! I'm breathing it in! I can't stand beside you, it smells so bad." and then she ran ten feet away. Harold just did one of those evil, silent giggles when your shoulders move up and down. Today I went to a part of Toronto where you can always find interesting characters, Dufferin and Bloor, aka: where the closest Walmart is located. Anyway I saw this old, old, old, frail lady with a hunch back and she was wearing huge, huge sunglasses with neon orange sides, the kind of sun glasses my brothers wore when they watched Ninja Turtles. The list goes on. When I walk to the subway every morning at 6:55 a.m. there's this Chinese lady standing high up on her porch swinging her arms around majestically, kind of like Gislene Courtney does in Church. Oh man, that was bad I hope Christina doesn't read this anymore. My apology's but it's true. So the other day I was on the toilet again and a I saw the HUGEST spider of my life!!! I'm serious, it was black with those bulging eyes. I grabbed the can of raid and sprayed that demon until it ran into a hole in the wall. Now every time I go into the bathroom my heart is beating 100 times a minute and I look in every crevasse over and over. I hate living like this, can't spiders just stay out of houses? I guess I'm no different than all those crazy people I just wrote about.

5 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

no kidding.. im sure you were glad you were on the toilet, cuz if that were me I would have peed a little.. gives me the eby geebys just thinking about that. (shudder) hmm steph if your roomate is blairing cindy lauper maybe you should find some really cheezy pop, and play that over and over..lol and as for the CRAZIES.. there EVERYWERE I tell you.. I see em when im walking to work (well there usaully staggering) its pretty unerving.. not to mention the guy who called himself "Jesus", and swore and cursed me out.. grrr. anyway im praying for you.. luv ya..

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

holy shit that paragraph was all over the place.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger joni said...

oh Stephanie .. great post... hahaha
i love random stories about the crazies in life...

sorry about the pests in your life.. aww poor girl. just know you can spray and stomp...

ps love the santa pic.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Would you rather see spiders in your bathroom or look down in the shower and have santa looking up at you?

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Darci said...

WoW. I love that you ended the post with a comparison.. The crazies are what you get when you through that many people into a large area and then turn off the transit system for 24 (?) hours :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter