Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Family Day

Today is Family Day, this is a statutory holiday in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta. Today I had no work instead I met Josh's mom for the first time and his brother and sister for the second. They live in Orangeville which is a little ways out of Toronto, past Mississauga. Right now in Toronto there is this thing called Winterlicious which is when a bunch of really good restaurants have really good deals all over the city. We hit up one of those restaurants and then went and saw "Coraline" in 3D. Cool movie... different. Yesterday I had my first indoor soccer game. We don't have teams yet, they just watched us play and are going to divide us in to teams evenly. It was so great to play again. My skills just need to be tuned up and I NEED to get in shape. Tomorrow I'm waking up at 5 am to go jogging before work, I feel a little more motivated. Everyone was really nice. Most of them looked about my age or late 20's. I met one girl on the bus who was playing too and we've become bus buddies since everyone else has a car. I'm glad I found her because waiting for the bus late at night can get a little scary. Just a week ago at the same intersection where I wait to get home there was a shooting.
In case you haven't heard yet... Amanda's pregnant!!!!!! I actually knew this since New Years but I was sworn to secrecy. I find myself already thinking about little baby things I could send her. Amanda was always the first to do everything. The first to get a boyfriend, the first to move away, and now the first to get pregnant!! Have you ever seen the movie "Where the Heart Is"? In the movie Natalie Portman's character has a baby in Walmart and names her Americus. Amanda swore after that if she ever had a girl she would name it Americus, she loved that name. I asked her about it, and now that she's a few years older she doesn't remember swearing to anything. Lol.
Summer's slowly getting closer... I want to go somewhere I've never been but Josh wants to go back to Terrace. For some reason he really likes it there, every Ontario bred and born loves BC with all their heart. Of course I wouldn't mind going back either but I was there 3 times last year, it's even cheaper to go to Florida, Cuba, or some where warm like that. Maybe I'll try to do both. Anyone want to go somewhere nice with me in the summer?
Anyway, I hope that makes up for my lack of posts. My next post will be up soon, Josh and I's Oscar predictions!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Darci said...

I can't wait to see Coraline!
Congrats to Amanda!
Somewhere warm would be so lovely, some days when I get bored I peruse Air Canada's site looking for cheap deals to escape Canada!

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Tamara said...

Friggin Steven Harper..I love how he's posing at the table with a bunch of Asians. NOTHING against Asians (obviously most of them are waaay cooler than I am)..but we all know it's a total photo op to display the great diversity he so strongly stands up for.
Ok..I'm done with that little rant.
I'm SO glad you found yourself a bus buddy..and possibly some GIRL friends. Sometimes I worry about you Miss. Wiebe!
I'm soooooooooooooooooo excited for Amanda!!! Seriously, she always has been the first out of us lol Annd I'm always the last haha No big deal.
Josh loves BC & BC loves Josh. I think you guys should come back for a visit..the last one wasn't long enough! We'll hike out to grouchies again..and build an even bigger fire. With bigger people who don't care what we do with beverages of love. Seriously though, come HOME!
Oh and I'm plannnning on going on a road trip down the pacific coast highway. If you're craving a holiday, this one's going to be a GOOD TIME!

Now that I've written an entire blog post within YOUR blog post..I'll end it.
Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Cheech.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

I totally remember Amanda swearing to use Americus!!!
this website has uber good holiday deals!!
http://selloffvacations.netholidays.ca/
I want to go on a warm vacation sooooo bad!!!!
I hope you can do both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter