Saturday, March 14, 2009

Movie Review

My Movie Reviews

Stone of Destiny

My Review: 7.5/10
IMDB Review: 7.9/10

This is a movie about a group of University students in Scotland who plan to go to London and steal back their Country's historic "Stone of Destiny". They think by doing this it might bring back their country's pride. I thought it was pretty good. It was actually quite funny and the cool part was that it was filmed in Vancouver! I'd watch it again but I don't think I would buy it.

Watchmen


My Review: 7/10
IMDB Review: 8.1/10

I never found this movie boring but I don't think I want to see it again. Not because it's a three hour movie but because of.... I always hate saying this because I sound like such a little girl, the graphic violence. If your ok with the violence and you like comic book movies than you'll enjoy it more than I did.

One Week


My Review: 7/10
IMDB Review: 7.2/10

I liked this movie for three reasons and none of them were for it's script. One, I think Joshua Jackson is a good actor. Two, The filming style was unique. There was a lot of jump cuts etc. And three, the way it showcased Canada. The scenes of him driving down a Saskatchewan highway and hiking in Banff. I guess it was familiar. The soundtrack was all Canadian artists and the movie was basically a giant add for the beer Steam Whistle.

Coraline

My Rating: 8/10
IMDB Rating: 8.2/10


I enjoyed it, it was very artsy and creative. It's not really a kids movie, it would probably give a kid nightmares. On second thought maybe kids should see it because it gives a good message. I want to see it again.

3 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Darci said...

Thanks for the great reviews!

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

sweeet. i already watched watchmen.. everything else i wanna see but i dont think they show em here.. crap. maybe coraline would show.
one week sounds awesome.

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

don't forget your top 10 fav movies!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter