Thursday, March 12, 2009

Venezuela

An Update...
I wasn't planning on moving out any time soon but a friend of mines girlfriend was looking for a room mate. I thought about it. It was a house with 3 rooms shared with the girl and her mom, my room would be double the size it is now, it would only be a 5 minute walk to a subway station and it would only be $50 more than what I'm paying now. The only downside is the neighbourhood is a little scary. I really didn't know what to do so I decided I would just take a look at the place and decide from there. The day I was going to see the place she called to tell me her landlord sold the house without telling them and they had to move out by the end of the month. So I'll remain here for now.

So Josh and I are seeing Death Cab for a Cutie in April and Kings of Leon. I've been a fan of Kings of Leon for a few years but not really of their recent stuff. This morning Josh told me that there was someone on Craig's List that was willing to pay $200 for 2 tickets to that very concert. We only payed $50 a ticket so I said "why not". The person might not even want our tickets but in this case money seems better then Kings of Leon.

I went to the World Baseball Classic the other night with Josh and Jeff. I didn't even know what it was. Anyway we watched the U.S. play Venezuela. Venezuela won and we waved Venezuelan flags. A fight almost broke out in front of us, that's what happens when you put drunk Americans in the same vicinity for 3+ hours. I've been to like a dozen games now and so far I've never been on the jumbo tron and I've never caught/touched a ball. My day will come!

Business at work is going down hilllll. so far 35 people have resigned as members. Events keep getting cancelled and next week there is no work for anybody but the few full time staff. Thank God I'm full time. Even some of the full time staff are taking next week off. The room I work in at lunch seats about 50 people, we usually only see about 15 people during the two hours that we're open. We worry our room might be closed down soon and they'll just use the other rooms instead.

Ryan, Leah, Ruth, Mark and possibly Mike and Moe will be in Toronto in May!!!!!!! I'm very excited. I love showing people around the city and it's rare to have visitors from BC come all the way out here. I already have tons of ideas of stuff I want to do with Ryan and Leah since they're going to stay an extra week. Tamara you should come too!

I hate this! Kevin C should move back to Toronto. I miss our adventures and eating Burger King all the time with him. He's the only one who will go with me to Toronto Island no matter what the weather's like. It looks like he's having fun in the Philippines though, even if he won't admit it. Come home young man!

3 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

I'm quite jealous that you got to go to that game!! But I'm also quite happy that you got to experience seeing the American looooose :)

Frig I'd LOVE to come! Maybe next time, yo! Or if I win the lottery..

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

ahhh!! i wanna come home lol i miss all those times too. like crazy.

hope you get to keep your work whatever happens eh.

mark, mike and moe! i dunno who they are but that cracked me up (like the drunk americans comment) haha. that's awesome.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Darci said...

How did the work situation turn out? Hopefully they can keep you busy and employed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter