Friday, March 27, 2009

Public Washroom

I just had my gum surgery. It was mildly painful, I think the worst part is yet to come. They removed part of my gums above my back tooth so that a crown can fit on properly. I have a cast like thing over it for a week. They gave me pain killers, antibiotics, an ice pack and some apple sauce.
Arriving home today I noticed a huge board blocking the bathroom door, not knowing why it was there I thought I would hold my pee for a while. When I couldn't wait any longer I climbed over the board into the bathroom only to discover a broken toilet! What the heck. Where am I supposed to pee this weekend? Where are my room mates going to pee? My plan tonight (post surgery) was to stay home alone, watch movies until my head hurt, drink water from a straw and to think about how amazing it is that today is mine and Josh's anniversary (1 year, 5 months). Now my plans are changing, I'm thinking of going out to use a public washroom and not to come home until I'm sure I don't need the washroom again until the next day. Today can't get any worse.

4 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Darci said...

hope your land lord gets your toilet fixed pronto. Hope the pain stops soon and happy anniversary!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger trippy spaz said...

LOL i'm sorry but your peeing dilemma cracked me up.
happy anniversary! hope all goes well! say hi to the streets of Toronto for me. and to sexy Josh of course.
hugs!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

Ew gum surgery! I hope it doesn't get any more painful..
And what the heck?? They can't just leave you without a peeing device! I say you pee in a bucket & leave it on their front step. Actually..on second thought..that would be extremely inappropriate and disgusting. Just pee in their garden.
Happy anniversary!!! I hope I get to see both of you this summer!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

aww!! Steph, i feel so bad for you!! I hate the feeling after surgery and all you want to do is be at home cuddling up on the couch!!!
Hopefully something is done about that toilet!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter